Give your furchild a healthier and safer treat with our Functional Premium Handcrafted, Freeze-dried Green Lipped Mussels!
- Only 1 ingredient, 100% sustainabily farmed Green Lipped Mussels responsibly sourced from New Zealand.
- Natural Sources of Chondroitin and Glucosamine. Great for healthy joints and managing arthritis.
- Freeze-dried raw meat retains nutrients and the natural flavour of raw meat
- A human grade, high-protein, all-natural treat for your dog and cat
- Great to use for training rewards and as a nutritional boost to your pet's daily diet
- Ultimate limited ingredient treat - naturally hypoallergenic and gentle on the stomach
- Hormone free, antibiotic free, and absolutely no preservatives, no fillers, and no artificial flavours/colours
- No common allergens: gluten free, grain free, soy free, corn free, guilt free!
- Handmade in Dubai, UAE, in small batches.
Green Lipped Mussels - A 'Superfood' for Pets
Known for their amazing, natural ability to help both humans and animals manage arthritis and joint related pains, our Green Lipped Mussels are a great addition to any pet's diet.
Green Lipped Mussels are:
- Rich in glucosamine and chondroitin that act as both a preventative and fast acting anti-inflammatory for joint related issues.
- Contain a potent concentration of Omega-3s.
- Contain a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes.
- Contain a unique combination of fatty acids not found in any other marine or plant source.
If your pet is experiencing issues with the following aliments, adding our Freeze-Dried Green Lipped Mussels is for them!
- Hip Dysplasia
- Joint Mobility Problems
- Ligament Tears
- Chronic Inflammatory Diseases
- Skin and Coat Enrichment
- A need to strengthen the Immune System
Nutritional Properties of Green Lipped Mussels
The Omega-3s and other fatty acids commonly found in mussels are the source for many of the health benefits that these shellfish offer. The high concentration of of Omega fatty acids give mussels pain reducing properties and the glucosamine and chondroitin found in these shellfish help reduce inflammation. Because of these properties mussels are useful for pets who may be suffering from joint problems such as arthritis. Mussels can also be used as a preventative to help prevent your pet from experiencing these joint problems later in life.
They pair very nicely with glucosamine supplements and fish oil found in Furchild Meals for Dogs and Meals for Cats.
Your pet’s joints will not be the only thing that improves or is supported with mussels. These same fatty acids help promote a shiny coat and healthy skin. A healthy skin and coat will keep your pet feeling soft while also reducing any irritations or itching that they may experience.
Mussels are also considering to be a superfood because they contain vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, and enzymes on top of the the Omega-3s. All in all they are a great supplement to be adding to your pet’s diet.
Only the best treats. Because they’re family.
- 50 g (1.8 oz.)
- Ideal for dogs and cats of any size / breed / age
100% Sustainably farmed Green Lipped Mussels from New Zealand
We suggest feeding approximately 1 mussel per 9 kg (20 lb) per day, up to 3 mussels per day.
Our Freeze-Dried treats can be enjoyed out of the bag or rehydrated as a meal topper. They are not intended to be fed as a complete and balanced diet. Best if fed within 30 days after opening. Ensure pets have access to water bowls.